Be the leading advocate in Maryland for sustainable public and private OHV recreation areas; for responsible and safe OHV recreation; and to ensure quality opportunities are readily available to all who wish to participate responsibly.
We value OHV Recreation as a means to provide:
- Quality family and social time;
- Healthy, physical outdoor activity for a broad range of ages, physical abilities and interests;
- Experiences that promote a responsible life style;
- Enjoyment of and appreciation for natural and cultural resources;
- and Relief from the pressures of daily life.
The MD OHV Alliance, as a State-wide body of OHV recreation enthusiasts, develops and provides a wide spectrum of programs, materials and information, or “tools”, to individuals, clubs, associations and agencies in order to further a positive future for responsible OHV recreation.
- Improve and promote responsible OHV recreation management and resource protection by working in partnership with private and public land managers and recreation planners;
- Provide and promote best management practices for OHV recreation planning, development and management to policy makers;
- Promote a positive OHV recreation image to all publics;
- Build a better understanding of responsible OHV recreation among all publics;
- Build recognition and acceptance that OHV recreation is a positive activity and promotes a responsible life style;
- Provide broad-based, ongoing educational opportunities for OHV recreationists, recreation planners and decision-makers; Provide and promote educational, safety, ethics, environmental and character-building programs for all OHV recreationists including youth;
- Emphasize the benefits of responsible recreation behavior and raise awareness of the impacts from irresponsible recreation activity; and
- Strengthen existing clubs and Maryland associations by providing information, training and services to help them be more effective.
The Alliance is a Federally recognized 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.